Similac Alimentum® Recipe
Banana & Blueberry Oat Muffins
125g plain flour
75g wholemeal flour
2 tsp baking powder
200g rolled oats
75g brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
2 bananas, mashed
2 large eggs, separated
3 tbsp sunflower oil
250ml reconstituted Similac Alimentum
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C and line a muffin tray with paper cases.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, wholemeal flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the mashed bananas, egg yolks, Similac Alimentum and sunflower oil. Mix together gently with a wooden spoon until a wet batter forms.
4. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
5. Gently fold the egg whites into the muffin batter along with the blueberries until everything is mixed through evenly.
6. Divide the muffin mixture between 12-14 individual muffin cases and place in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 25 minutes until well risen and golden brown.