Similac EleCare® Recipe
Cauliflower & Broccoli Cheese
¼ head cauliflower
¼ head broccoli
1 slice bread
1 tbsp vegetable oil
25g dairy-free margarine
25g plain flour
45g dairy-free grated cheese
180ml reconstituted Similac Elecare
1. Wash and cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bite-size pieces and boil until just tender (approximately 6-8 minutes).
2. Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
3. Add the flour and stir to make a paste.
4. Gradually whisk in the Similac Elecare and stir over a low heat for about 2-3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken (do not boil).
5. Stir in the grated cheese.
6. Put the bread in a food processor and pulse until you have breadcrumbs.
7. Drain the vegetables and pour over the cheese sauce. Place in an oven proof dish (approximately 9 inch x 7 inch), top with breadcrumbs and remaining grated cheese. Grill until golden brown.
8. Serve warm.
Try adding chopped ham, tuna, tomatoes or sweetcorn to the vegetables for a change. The white sauce used in this recipe can also be used if making lasagne.