Similac® High Energy Recipe
Cheesy Vegetable Pasta
60g dried pasta
4 broccoli florets (approx. 100g)
2 carrots, sliced or finely diced
40g frozen peas
25g plain flour
200ml Similac High Energy
30g cheddar cheese, grated
15g Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions (or a little longer, to soften sufficiently) and drain.
2. In a second saucepan, bring a small amount of water to the boil, cook the carrots for 5 minutes, then add the broccoli and finally the peas. Cook until tender and drain.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and stir to make a paste.
4. Gradually whisk in the Similac High Energy and continue to stir over a low heat for about 2-3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
5. Stir in the grated cheeses.
6. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and mix in the vegetables.
7. Blend to the desired consistency using a hand blender, adding more Similac High Energy if required.
This is a versatile cheese sauce that can be added to pasta, meat, fish and poultry dishes. Try adding different cheeses to vary the flavour