Chicken & Butternut Squash Risotto
1 tsp dairy-free margarine
3 tsp vegetable oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 medium chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
½ butternut squash, cut into small cubes
100g frozen peas
100g risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli)
Low salt vegetable stock cube made up to 500ml stock with boiling water
25g dairy-free grated cheese
100ml reconstituted Similac Alimentum
1. Fry the onion in 2 tsp oil until soft.
2. Add the risotto rice, stir until coated and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Gradually pour over the stock in small amounts and stir after each addition. Cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Place butternut squash in either steamer or boiling water and cook till soft.
5. Meanwhile, in a separate pan heat 1 tsp oil and brown the chicken, then add the butternut squash and peas.
6. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are soft.
7. Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the Similac Alimentum and cheese.
8. Add the chicken and vegetables and combine.