Similac® High Energy Recipe
Creamy Chicken & Vegetable Risotto
1 tsp butter
2 tsp oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 medium chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
½ butternut squash, cut into small cubes
100g green beans, cut into small pieces
100g risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli)
Low salt stock cube made up to
500ml stock with boiling water
100ml Similac High Energy
25g Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Melt the butter and 1 tsp oil in a saucepan.
2. Add the onion and fry until soft.
3. Add the risotto rice, stir until coated and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Gradually pour over the stock in small amounts, stirring after each addition, and cook for about 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a separate pan heat 1 tsp oil and brown the chicken, then add the butternut squash and chopped green beans.
6. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are soft.
7. Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the Similac High Energy and cheese
8. Add the chicken and vegetables and combine.