Similac Alimentum Recipe
Eggy Bread Fingers
1 knob dairy-free margarine
1 tsp vegetable oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 slices wholemeal bread with crusts removed
50ml reconstituted Similac Alimentum
1. Beat the egg with the Similac Alimentum.
2. Add the vanilla extract.
3. Heat the margarine and oil in a pan.
4. Dip the bread into the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides well and allowing the bread to soak up the liquid.
5. Place in the heated oil and fry until golden brown on both sides.
6. Remove from the heat and pat with kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
7. Cut into thin fingers to serve.
Once your baby is 8 or 9 months of age, he or she will probably be showing more of an interest in food and letting you know that they are ready to start feeding themselves. This is a good time to experiment with first finger foods.