Similac® High Energy Recipe
First Fish & Pea Puree
100g white fish (e.g. cod, haddock, plaice), skin removed
100g frozen peas
50-60ml Similac High Energy
1. Wash the fish and dry, taking care to remove any bones.
2. In a saucepan, cover the fish with cold water and heat gradually.
3. Before the water comes to the boil, reduce the heat to simmering point and poach for 7-10 minutes (the fish will be opaque and flake easily once cooked)
4. A few minutes before the fish is ready, add the peas and simmer until they are cooked through.
5. Using a slotted spoon or sieve, remove the fish and peas from the boiling water, removing any remaining bones.
6. Flake the fish and place it in a bowl with the peas and 50ml of Similac High Energy.
7. Using a hand-held blender, blend to the desired consistency, adding more Similac High Energy if necessary.