Similac® High Energy Recipe
100g white fish (cod/haddock/plaice), skin removed
100g salmon, skin removed
2 large potatoes (300g-400g)
1 spring onion, finely chopped
25g plain flour
200ml Similac High Energy
100g frozen peas
1. Wash, peel and chop the potatoes, place in a saucepan of boiling water and simmer until well cooked.
2. Drain, mash and mix with 50ml of Similac High Energy.
3. In a saucepan, cover the fish with cold water and heat gradually.
4. Before the water comes to the boil, reduce the heat to simmering point and poach for 7-10 minutes (the fish will be opaque and flake easily once cooked).
5. Add the peas during the last few minutes of cooking.
6. Once cooked, use a slotted spoon to remove the fish and peas from the water.
7. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a separate saucepan, fry the spring onions gently, add the flour and stir to make a paste. Gradually whisk in the Similac High Energy and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
8. Flake the fish, taking care to remove any bones, and add the fish and peas to the white sauce.
9. Pour the mixture into an oven-proof dish, top with the mashed potato and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (or 160°C for a fan-assisted oven) for 25 minutes or until heated through.