Similac® Alimentum Recipe
50g white fish (cod/haddock/plaice), skin removed
50g salmon, skin removed
1 large potato (150g-200g)
10g dairy-free margarine
½ spring onion, finely chopped
10g plain flour
50g frozen peas
100ml reconstituted Similac Alimentum
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C.
2. Wash, peel and chop the potatoes, place in a saucepan of boiling water and simmer until well cooked.
3. Drain, mash and mix with 25ml of Similac Alimentum.
4. In a saucepan, cover the fish with cold water and heat gradually.
5. Before the water comes to the boil, reduce the heat to simmering point and poach for 7-10 minutes (the fish will be opaque and flake easily once cooked).
6. A few minutes before the fish is ready, add the peas and simmer until they are cooked through.
7. Using a slotted spoon or sieve, remove the fish and peas from the boiling water, removing any remaining bones.
8. To make the sauce, melt the margarine in a separate saucepan, fry the spring onions until soft, add the flour and stir to make a paste.
9. Gradually whisk in the Similac Alimentum and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
10. Flake the fish, taking care to remove any bones, and add the fish and peas to the white sauce.
11. Pour the mixture into an oven-proof dish, top with the mashed potato and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (or 160°C for a fan-assisted oven) for 25 minutes or until heated through.