1 medium onion
1 carrot or courgette or 100g sliced mushrooms
2-4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp vegetable oil
500g lean mince beef
1 red pepper
2 tsp Italian herbs
400g tinned tomatoes
140g tomato purée
8 lasagne sheets
50g dairy free margarine
50g plain flour
360ml reconstituted Similac Alimentum
150g dairy-free grated cheese
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the mince.
2. Chop the onion, garlic, red pepper and carrot/ courgette/mushrooms into small pieces.
3. Remove the mince and drain any excess fat. Put the onion and garlic in the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add all vegetables and cook for a further minute.
5. Return the mince to the pan and add the canned tomatoes, herbs, tomato purée and black pepper and stir.
6. Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer on a medium heat for 40 minutes.
7. Melt the margarine in a saucepan. Add the flour and stir to make a paste.
8. Gradually whisk in the Similac Alimentum and continue to stir over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
10. Pour half the bolognaise sauce into an ovenproof dish, add a layer of lasagne sheets and top with half of the white sauce. Add the remainder of the bolognaise sauce, top with the final layer of lasagne sheets and the rest of the white sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
11. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.