Similac® High Energy Recipe
Meatballs in a Creamy Tomato Sauce
1 clove garlic, finely chopped/crushed
200g lean minced beef
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Drizzle of oil
For the tomato sauce:
25g plain flour
200ml Similac High Energy
4 tomatoes (chopped) or¾ tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp tomato purée
1. Place the minced beef, garlic, breadcrumbs and parsley in a bowl, and stir to combine.
2. Take tablespoon amounts and roll into balls.
3. Place on an oven-proof tray and drizzle with a small amount of oil.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (or 160°C for a fan-assisted oven) for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
5. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and stir to make a paste.
6. Gradually whisk in the Similac High Energy and continue to stir over a low heat for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
7. Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato purée, and cook until the tomatoes are softened.
8. Remove from the heat and blend to a smooth purée if desired.
9. Serve with the meatballs