Similac® High Energy Recipe
Parsnip and Apple Puree
1 eating apple, peeled, cored and chopped
100ml Similac High Energy
1. Wash and peel the parsnips, then cut into small pieces.
2. Place in a saucepan and cover with a small amount of boiling water to simmer.
3. Add the chopped apple to the boiling water and continue to simmer the parsnip and apple until both are tender.
4. Drain the water using a sieve.
5. Blend in a liquidiser or using a hand-held blender with 100ml Similac High Energy.
6. Adjust the purée to the desired consistency, using more or less Similac High Energy as needed. This recipe makes one full deep bowl, or approximately 400g of finished purée.
Why not try some other delicious flavour combinations such as Butternut Squash and Carrot, Carrot and Parsnip or Potato and Broccoli?