Similac® High Energy Recipe
Salmon & Broccoli in a Cheese Sauce
100-120g salmon fillet
For the cheese sauce:
25g plain flour
200ml Similac High Energy
30g cheddar cheese, grated
1. Wash and dry the fish, taking care to remove any bones.
2. In a saucepan, cover the fish with cold water and heat gradually.
3. Before the water comes to the boil, reduce the heat to simmering point and poach for 7-10 minutes (the fish will be opaque and flake easily once cooked)
4. Add the broccoli to the water and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until tender. Drain the water and keep the fish and broccoli to one side.
5. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and stir to make a paste.
6. Gradually whisk in the Similac High Energy and continue to stir over a low heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the grated cheese.
7. Flake the fish, place in a bowl with the broccoli and add most of the cheese sauce. Purée using a blender, adding extra sauce as required to reach the desired consistency.