Ensure® Plus Advance Recipe
Vanilla and Strawberry Scones
Approximate nutrient content per serving(68g)
110ml Ensure Plus Advance strawberry
50g Ensure Plus Crème vanilla
300g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
Handful of Raspberries (chopped)
1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Preheat the over to 200°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Lightly dust an oven tray with flour.
- In a bowl, sieve flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl, add egg and oil and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Ensure Plus Advance strawberry, Ensure Plus Crème and milk mixture and mix well.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and mix together with a wooden spoon until a dough is formed. Add raspberries.
- Sprinkle flour on the table and on your hands, turn out the scone mixture and shape it into a ball.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it is the same thickness as a scone cutter. Cut out scone shapes and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the over for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
Note: Brush scones with a beaten egg for a shiny finish
- Serve with butter and jam.