Ensure® Plus Crème Recipe
Vanilla and Raspberry Scones
Approximate nutrient content per serving(63g)
100ml Ensure® Plus Fibre Raspberry
50g Ensure® Plus Crème Vanilla
300g Self Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
Handful of Raspberries (chopped)
1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / 425°F / Gas Mark 7.
2. Lightly dust an oven tray with flour.
3. In a bowl, sieve flour, baking powder and salt together.
4. In another bowl, add egg and oil and whisk together.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together Ensure® Plus Fibre, Ensure® Plus Crème and milk. Add to egg mixture and mix well.
6. Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and mix together with a wooden spoon until a dough is formed. Add raspberries.
7. Sprinkle flour on the table and on your hands, turn out the scone mixture and shape it into a ball.
8. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin until it is the same thickness as a scone cutter. Cut out scone shapes and place on the baking tray.
9. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked throughout.
• For a shiny finish, brush scones with a beaten egg.