Similac® High Energy Recipe
Vanilla & Raspberry Scones
300g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 medium egg
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
150ml Similac High Energy
Handful of raspberries, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (or 170°C for a fan-assisted oven) and lightly dust an oven tray with flour.
2. In a bowl, sieve the flour and baking powder together. Add the sugar and mix well.
3. In another bowl, add the egg and oil and whisk together.
4. Add the Similac High Energy to the egg mixture and whisk together.
5. Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture in small amounts, mixing together gently with a wooden spoon until a dough is formed.
6. Sprinkle flour onto a board and on your hands, then turn out the scone mixture and gently shape it into a ball.
7. With your hands or a rolling pin, gently flatten the dough to approximately ½ inch thick.
8. Scatter the chopped raspberries over half the dough, then fold over the remaining half and reshape the dough. Flatten or roll gently to the same thickness as your scone cutter.
9. Cut with a small or medium sized scone cutter (approx 2.5 inches in diameter) and place on the baking tray.
10. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
Tip! For a shiny finish, brush the scones with a small amount of Similac High Energy before baking.