Similac Alimentum Recipe
Carrot & Banana Muffins
250g wholemeal flour
1½ tsp cinnamon
3 tsp baking powder
100g golden caster sugar
1 ripe banana
125g grated carrot
100g dairy-free margarine
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
150ml reconstituted Similac Alimentum
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Melt margarine. Combine with Similac Alimentum, mashed banana, carrot, egg and vanilla extract and blend in a blender or food processor until completely puréed.
4. Pour the purée into the dry ingredient bowl, and fold together gently until just combined
5. Spoon the batter into the muffin tray, and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the muffins are firm to the touch on top, but not quite brown.
6. These muffins are best served warm
Why not try using spinach instead of carrots for another delicious and healthy option?
This recipe is a great way to incorporate fibre, fruit and vegetables into your child’s diet.