Similac Alimentum® Recipe
Cheesy Vegetable Pasta
60g dried pasta
4 broccoli florets (approx. 100g)
2 carrots, sliced or finely diced
40g frozen peas
25g dairy-free margarine
25g plain flour
45g dairy-free grated cheese
180ml reconstituted Similac Alimentum
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions (or a little longer, to soften sufficiently) and drain.
2. In a second saucepan, bring a small amount of water to the boil, cook the carrots for 5 minutes, then add the broccoli and finally the peas. Cook until tender and drain.
3. Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
4. Add the flour and stir to make a paste.
5. Gradually whisk in the Similac Alimentum and stir over a low heat for about 2-3 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken (do not boil).
6. Stir in the grated cheese.
7. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and mix in the vegetables.
8. Blend to the desired consistency using a hand blender, adding more Similac Alimentum if required.
This dish is also suitable for the later stages of weaning. As your baby progresses to lumpier food, try chopping up the pasta and vegetables into small pieces.